
Bryan had to work today, so we went to visit him at his new station. One of his co-workers took a picture for us. Maddie always enjoys going to see Daddy at work. She likes to have a station tour and get water from the water cooler. :)
Because Bryan had to work today we did not drive too far from home. We usually go down to the Columbia River and visit with my parents on their house boat. Then, after dark, we watch the Fort Vancouver Fireworks. This is a very large firework show that is set to music. It is so fun! We then drive home with all of the crazies who are out on the road. There are often detours (due to so much traffic), crazy rude drivers, it is usually around 11pm -12am, and it is a 45 min. drive without traffic. So, I was not wanting to face all of this alone with 2 little girls in the car. I do love to spend the day on the river, visit with my family, and see the fireworks...it just feels like 4th of July when we do this! I really missed it this year! So, I hope Bry will be off next year.The girls and I did go over to a neighbors house for a BBQ. We had a good time visiting with friends and eating a yummy BBQ. (Teressa the Pasta Bean Salad was very YUMMY...good job!) The kids were able to play and work off a little energy. It was a good time! :)

The fireworks are going off nonstop outside this evening and I hope they will not wake Peyton... it is so hard to get her to go back to sleep if she wakes up! I decided to skip out on the big firework show here in Oregon City. Our neighbors invited us to join them...but it is just so late and the girls really need some sleep. I have a feeling they will continue to sleep through the fireworks better then I'm going to! HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment