Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Birthday...the 29 again club.

Well... I had another birthday yesterday. When I was little, my Grandpy used to tell me he was 29 every year (he continues to tell me this still). Back then I believed every word he said! I was even made fun of one day by friends at school who told me my Grandpa could not be 29...well, I still believed him. So now I have once again joined the "29 again club". I think this is any age over 29.

I was spoiled (like always) by my family. They are so nice to me! On Sunday night we had dinner with Bryan's Mom, Jan, Grandpa MacKender, and his brother Chris. Jan made my meal choice, which was Yummy Sweet and Sour Pork. This is a favorite meal of mine. She also made Mt. St. Helens Cake. It is chocolate moose and angel food cake in layers. It is SO good!

Madison, of course, wanted to help cook and she helped Grandma in the kitchen.
She is such a big helper when it comes to anything in the kitchen!



Hanging out with Chris and the girls.

Yummy! Good thing there is only one candle! :)

I was actually feeling rather crummy on Sunday and on my actual birthday, Monday. I woke up with a terrible head ache, sore throat, and sinus "stuff". So, I was extra thankful for a good home cooked meal, that I did not have to cook. Thank you Jan! You are a wonderful cook!

I had to go back to work on my Birthday this year. Sometimes I am lucky and it falls at the end of break.
Anyway, Bryan had taken Madison to her dance class in the afternoon. When I came home from work there were beautiful tulips on the table. My favorite flower! He had also cleaned the house and I had a box of See's chocolates and roses on the counter. He is so thoughtful! :) When I opened the box of chocolates I had to laugh because there was already one piece missing. :) Humm... wonder who could have taken it? The box was wrapped in the traditional See's white paper but I could tell it had been tampered with.







Who ate the missing chocolate? :)

Madison came in the door after dance so excited to give me the balloons she had picked out. She then proceeded to tell me about the gift she had given me. She had used all of her own money, from her piggy bank, and bought the roses for me. How sweet! She also told me that I shared my chocolate with her.... who would have thought she would have taken it? :) Not I! :) If the chocolate candy was not enough... they had also made cupcakes for me. We had these for dessert. Besides not feeling well, my birthday was good.
I am blessed with the best family in the world! :)

No comments: