Monday, April 7, 2008

Creating Art!

I needed some art work for the wall in the girls playroom. I have been looking for something cute and "kid like" for awhile but never seem to find anything I like. So... I decided to have Madison create the art work.
Painting the backgrounds first.

The finished family portraits. The tan one is of Peyton and Madison. The green one is of all of us: Mommy in the middle holding Peyton, Daddy on the left, and Madison on the right. The Purple one is of Mommy and Daddy.


Here they are up in the playroom. I am so happy with the paintings! They are better than anything I could ever buy at a store!


I also added a sign above the window, in the playroom, that I bought at the beach over Spring Break. I loved this sign the minute I read it because the words were perfect! I always sing a little song to Madison and Peyton at bed time that goes like this:

"on the day that Maddie was born,

on the day that Peyton was born,

on the day these girls were born

the angels sang and blew their horns and

they danced, they danced, they raised their

hands up and sang, on the day, on the day,

that you were born"

Here is the sign I put above the window in the playroom: I love it! :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Those are so great! What a fun idea and a great project. Maddie, they are beautiful.