Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Carvin'

I think Bryan is the best pumpkin carver around!:) He looks forward to the challenge each year of picking the perfect pumpkins, deciding the perfect design to carve on the pumpkins, and then of course carving them. In the years before we had kids he would carve skeletons, howling wolves, spider webs etc. into the pumpkins. Now since we have kids, the past three years the pumpkins have been Dora the Explorer, Diego, a cat, and this year Cinderella and her Castle. Maddie is always very excited to see the pumpkins lit up. They are a surprise to her and she sees them when they are done.
This year Maddie did help out by getting her hands dirty and getting all of the "muck" out of one of the pumpkins. She also made her own Pig pumpkin, Peyton's Puppy pumpkin, and a Bear pumpkin all by herself! :)
Now, Bry really gets into the pumpkin carving thing...
I, on the other hand, like to carve a simple classic jack o' lantern face...however it turns out when I am finished free handing it is just fine. This year I didn't even carve a pumpkin. Instead I picked a white pumpkin and painted black polka dots then tied raffia on the stem. I really liked how it turned out.

No comments: