Monday, November 10, 2008

Peyton's Birthday Party!

SO BIG!We had a big first birthday party for Peyton this past weekend! I had the theme of a "chocolate" brown and pink polka dot party. It all started with a little dress I found for her that said my first birthday on it. It's main color is pink and the bottom skirt has brown polka dots. The theme grew from there. I love to plan and carry out parties. It is so fun for me to try and be creative and stick to a theme. We had appetizers with all round food... grapes, cantaloupe balls, round chips and salsa, meat balls,olives, tomatoes, carrot rounds, and broccoli, etc.. The table cloth was brown with pink carnation flower arrangements, and pink pom-pom balls. I decorated the walls and table chandelier with pink and brown paper polka dots. I made large cupcakes with pink and brown M&M's on them.

All of the family came over to help celebrate. We played a couple of games... guess the number of cheerios (one of Peyton's favorite foods) in the sippy cup. We also played guess the age of Peyton. I put up pictures of Peyton at various milestones in her little life, i.e. eating solid foods, crawling, sitting up on own, pulling herself up, digging in the sand for the first time, etc.. People put their age guess and their initials on a little sticky note and place it under the picture. It was fun to see all of the various guesses. There was a three way tie with 5 out of 13 correct guesses. Bryan's Mom won the final prize with a tie breaking question of "How many teeth does Peyton have?" (the answer is 8).
One other thing I had at the party was a picture matte for people to sign an write a little birthday wish to Peyton. It turned out really nice with a 5 by 7 picture of Peyton. I am going to frame it and hang it in her bedroom as a little keepsake.
Peyton REALLY enjoyed her cupcake. I made her a white cupcake with cool whip, instead of frosting. She looked a little in shock when everyone sang to her. She tried to blow out her candle but just needed a little help from her big sissy. Then she dug in and ate the ENTIRE thing. Even licked her fingers in the end! She has never had anything sweet like this before and I really think she ate it all, and as fast as she could, because she was scared someone would take it away from her.

When it came time to open gifts she was not to into what was in the wrapping as much as the boxes, bows, and tissue paper. A true one year old! She received some really cute clothes, toys, a polka dot bean bag chair (that matches her big sissy's) and diapers.

It was a fun day! Thanks to all of the friends and family that made it a special one!
Time has gone by so quickly!






No comments: