Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yippee Spring Break!

It's Spring Break! YIPPEE!! It is always CRAZY BUSY just before break because I have conferences until late and the days are very long! At least it was not as bad as in years past. I am part time, so I only had to work late two nights instead of three. For break we are going to have a fun filled Easter weekend with Easter Egg hunts on Saturday morning, Easter lunch with family Saturday afternoon, Bry works on actual Easter Sunday, going to the beach Monday - Friday, we have 2 birthday parties on Saturday, and I am taking Maddie (she doesn't know yet) to a play, "Go Dog Go" by the Northwest Children's Theater, on Sunday! Wow!! After putting all of that into words the thought came to mind.. would this be a break, or does it sound like we will need a break after our "break"? Hmmmm... at least it all sounds like fun! :)
Tomorrow I am going to help in Maddie's class for her Easter Party. It is always fun to help and I enjoy working with the 3 year olds. We are in charge of making Easter Egg sugar cookies with icing. In preschool we can still bring homemade treats. So... Maddie and I got to it and made cookies. I will have to say my patience level was a little low today, but we made it through from start to finish...despite flour spilled all over the floor, "sprinkles" overload on some of the cookies, the counter and the floor, and Maddie REALLY wanting to make Valentine cookies instead of Easter cookies.
I hope the class enjoys them... a lot! :)


Note the flour beard. :)
This is serious business!







Is there such thing as a 3 year old debate team? If there is let me know and I will sign her up tomorrow. She has an answer for everything. Here she is arguing that we should make heart shaped Valentine cookies. Why? Just because she wants to! :)

OK... so she won the debate and with the last of the dough I let her make the heart cookies. The bottom 2 were all on her own.
She gathered up all of the little pieces left over, rolled the dough, and created these yummy masterpieces! :)

No comments: