Bry was working 48 hours and just got home this morning. Peyton has been sick for the last 4 weeks with a cold, congested, runny eyes etc. She was finally a little better today, at least her eyes wern't as bad! Yippee! We went to Church and then out to lunch. Came home and Maddie and I took a much needed nap. I went to the grocery store then Tracy joined us for Pizza. This day just flew by!
On Saturday, in the morning, I mentioned to Maddie that we should make a fort sometime. She got so excited jumping up and down and then asked me "Mom, what's a fork?" I explained to her it was a "fort" and it is like a little cave or tent you can climb in and play, we could make it out of blankets. She could not wait and I promised her we would get to it after she was dressed and ready for the day. I think I was a much better "fort maker" when I was little! Here are the final results... good enough to satisfy a 3 year old.

She continued to call it a "fork".
She said, "Thanks Mom for the Fork!"
eating grapes in the "fork"

knocking down the "fork", again!!
After a day of shopping and a yummy chinese food dinner with Grandma MacKender we came home and I got the girls ready for bed. After a long challenging "emotional roller coaster" day I tucked Maddie in and told her, "I hope you wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow." She pointed to the Left side of her bed and said... "This side Mom?" I just said, "If it makes you happy." :) Even when the majority of the day was tough I was able to find a few little things that can still make me smile! When all is said and done, it's the little moments that matter most!
No comments:
Post a Comment