Friday, March 14, 2008

My Friend...The Worm

Madison went to preschool this morning and then it was a "Grandma Day", as Maddie calls it. :) Madison loves it when my mom comes over a couple of days a week to stay with her and Peyton. My mom brings her little dog, Lucy, who runs crazy with Madison and they play chase in the backyard. When I got home Madison and Lucy went outside to play. It had been raining and was very wet outside. Neither of them cared... the fun out weighs the weather. Anyway, the rain seems to bring out the worms too. A worm had made its way onto our patio. Madison came running inside to let us all know she found a "little wormy friend." My dad was visiting and she asked Papa for a bowl to put her "little wormy friend" in. She wanted Papa to come out and pick it up for her and put it in the bowl. We told her to just pick it up with her hands... which she would not do. The funny thing is she LOVED worms a year ago. In fact, at her third birthday party (bug themed) we filled a planter box with dirt and worms and the kids had a great time digging for worms... no fear what so ever! We asked her why she would not pick it up? She said, "My little wormy friend is too wormy." She wanted to give it a bath, bring it inside and keep it in the lid of her marker pen. My Mom and I talked her into placing it in a planter box outside, of course, my mom had to be the one to pick it up and put it there. :)


You know, it was sure hard for me to turn away a dirty pet worm who I know would have loved to live in the cap of a marker! :)


Here is a picture of Maddie with "wormy".

This is the face I received when I told her she

could not keep her little friend in the house.



When I asked her where she would

keep "wormy" she showed me this lid

to a marker. Hmmmm...good home

for a worm? What do you think?



I put this picture in because I thought it was cute of Peyton and "Papa", as the girls call my dad. I feel a little guilty because I do not have too many stories about Peyton. She is still growing and becoming. I'm sure as time goes on she will have many stories to share. She is quite the little"talker". She will goo and gee for up to 45 min at a time. She is usually pretty easy to get a smile from. Lately she has been a faucet, drooling and blowing bubbles nonstop. Today my dad gave her the nickname "Bubbles MacKender". I keep trying to get a picture of her "blowing bubbles talent" but I can never seem to get a good one. I will continue to try :) She turned 4 months yesterday...happy 4 months Peyton! She is growing and changing everyday! It won't be too long until she will want to bring "critters" in the house to keep as pets. :)

No comments: