I do enjoy the sounds of sweet dreams. Peyton has this little humm when she sleeps that repeats in the same tone and speed over and over. I'm not sure what a little baby has to dream about, but she does seem so peaceful.

Maddie still sleeps while sucking her fingers, as she has all of her life... since her first ultrasound. She too has a pattern but it is the sound of her sucking her fingers, until she falls into a deep sleep. She definitely enjoys her nightly routine and bed time would not happen without it. I enjoy it too... it gives us a little time together to talk about the day and what the next day will bring. I will miss these "must have" routines when she gets older and no longer wants the Tinkerbell nightlight turned on and the gingerbread girl heated in the microwave.
Bed time routine looks something like this:
First we get PJ's on, brush teeth, then heat up her gingerbread girl doll (it is filled with a mixture that turns warm in the microwave and smells like gingerbread), we read a story, sing a song, turn on her princess nightlight, turn on her princess music CD, and then turn on her Tinkerbell nightlight that changes colors (that one goes off after about 5 min.), kisses and the routine is over. This sounds very long doesn't it? Really... it is all over in about 15 min. and it is all worth it. I have missed a step before and she has woken up at 3am to let me know we forgot to sing a song. We do not miss a step. :)

Sweet dreams do sound sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment