Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Planting a Garden


This evening we started working on our garden. We planted tomatoes, zucchini, peas, beans, and transplanted a miniature blueberry plant. We also planted some sunflowers and black eyed susans around the yard. I do love that we are slowly creeping towards summer! It is always so fun to pick what we grow and see all of the yard and flowers in bloom. Madison loves to pick things (I am always receiving flowers as gifts) so the garden gives her the OK to pick the vegetables when they are ready.

Maddie also found another batch of "wormy friends". O-boy...she put a HUGE worm in her bug catcher with dirt and a "bed" made of flowers. She just knew her little worm friend would love the beautiful bed. Maddie begged Bryan to let the worm live in her bedroom. She said, "Daddy I love my little wormy friend. Meeeeese (please), can it live with me? Look, it is hugging me. I love her and she loves me! Meeeeese Dad!"


Bryan and Peyton hanging out in the yard with us.

A HUGE wormy friend.

I guess it was, sort of, hugging her. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Maddie is awesome!

Worms are the greatest.

It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish had a green thumb, but I'm rather deadly to plants. :)