Over the weekend I was checking my e-mail and Maddie was sitting next to me. I opened a message from The Northwest Children's Theatre. It told about all of the plays they were going to perform in the 2008-2009 season. Madison was asking what they were and I was reading them to her. I got to the one that said "Wizard Of OZ." I told Maddie we should really go and see this one because I loved this movie when I was growing up! She asked if we had the movie. I told her we did but it was too busy of a weekend and we could not cram it in.
Now...if you know Maddie...SHE DOES NOT FORGET ANYTHING!!
Tuesday night rolls around and she continually asked me if she could watch the Lizard movie. I just kept telling her I did not know what movie she was talking about. She was getting frustrated when she said, "you know the one at the play place." OK, now I put two and two together and figured out that "Lizard" was really "Wizard". I told her she could watch it when Grandma came over on Wednesday.
Of course Wednesday after school she told Grandma she wanted to watch the "Lizard of OZ". When I got home from work my Mom told her to tell me what each character wanted in the movie. She informed me that the Tin Man wanted a heart, Dorthy wanted to go home, the Scarecrow wanted a brain, and the Lion wanted "Porridge" (courage). :) Oooo... the language of a 4 year old... how cute!
For the perfect ending to this story... a package was delivered to our door on the same day, addressed to Madison. It was a birthday gift from my Aunt Dianne in New York. Madison excitedly opened it and it was a jewelry/music box that plays "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". What perfect timing! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment