Friday, August 8, 2008

Swim Lessons

Maddie had swim lessons all this week (and next week too.) She is actually doing very well. I was a little worried she would not want to leave my side and go with her teacher. She gets a little shy and nervous in new situations. But... she went with her teacher willingly everyday and has not had a problem. She does look over often and give a little wave. I am very proud of her.

She is so funny...she put on her "sparkly lip gloss" one morning and told me she could not put her face in the water because it would wash off her lipstick (I guess that is a good excuse for a 4 year old! Pretty creative if I do say so myself! ). So... I made the lip gloss the incentive FOR putting her face in the water. She was much better at putting her face in the water the rest of the classes, and earned her lip gloss after class each day! Hey... if sparkly lip gloss works... then I'll use it! :)


2 comments:

Bethany said...

How fun! Maddie looks so grown up. And totally, use the lip gloss to your advantage!

Julia said...

Lip gloss. Now why did I never think of that? :)

I'll bet she's enjoying the swim lessons!