Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deck the Halls


I look forward to the day after Thanksgiving because it means it is time to decorate our house for Christmas and start celebrating the Christmas season!  We put up our tree, decorate it and get out all of our holiday decorations!  I love my house during Christmas!  I love the way the white lights on the tree shine, the greenery and lights on the mantle and banister give the house a warmth and glow.  I love the way the decorations fill in the empty spaces on the walls and how everything is all tied together with a theme.  I just love Christmas!


 
Peyton's little Christmas tree in her room... Thanks Grandma and Papa!

Porter getting into the Christmas spirit!
 
Grandma brought over a fun ornament making craft!
We put strands of beads in clear ornaments.


She also brought glitter and floor polish... look at the beautiful ornament Peyton made!
 
I also love all the special times and traditions with family and friends.  I love the arts and crafts, the classic Christmas shows on tv that I remember watching as a child, holiday bazaars, the advent calendar, baking yummy goodies, drinking hot drinks, reading Christmas stories and going on special outings to events like 'Follow the Star' and 'Zoo lights' (to name a few).
 
I love coming home at night and seeing all the Christmas lights that shine in our neighborhood. 

I love turning on the radio and hearing Christmas music in the car and at home. 

I love giving to others and teaching my children the importance of giving to others and helping those in need.  I love the way our church has poinsettias lining the stage and how we sing Christmas songs at the beginning of service.
I love celebrating the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of  Jesus.           

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsey & family - I love Chrsitmas too. And Jesus the One who we celebrate because He came and loves us all so much.
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent

Julia said...

Your house looks gorgeous! The crafts look like so much fun, and I love a lot of the same things about this time of year. I'm trying to show the girls everything that I grew up with, from the tv shows, to my mom's cookies, to the decorations I've collected from my mom over the years, to traditions, etc. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!