Friday, July 1, 2011

Poor Maddie!

Madison and Peyton were outside playing on our little play structure. I was in the kitchen making pasta salad to take camping with us tomorrow. When I heard a "thunk" and Madison screaming. I went out to help her up and she was screaming her knees hurt. Yes, they were scraped up and bleeding. Then I looked at her face. Ooooo....boy.... her poor nose. She must have landed face first on the ground. Her nose was so swollen and purple. I was worried she might have broken it. I had her put an ice pack on it while I cleaned up and bandaged her knees. I then drove her to the fire station, where Bryan is working, to get his professional and Daddy opinion. He wasn't sure, but thought it wasn't broken. It isn't crooked and he couldn't move the bone. She wasn't saying it hurt when he pushed on it or around her eyes. He even looked up her nose with a light. It is swollen, but we do not think broken. So, I had her put ice on it the rest of the evening and gave her some Tylenol. I hope she feels somewhat better in the morning.

Poor Baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Maddie - I hope you are better. I will pray for you. Playing can be so much fun, but NOT when we get hurt.
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent