Friday, September 10, 2010

Portland to Coast

Well...the Summer has been winding down here and the last big events were great! We had Portland and Hood to coast which went very well! Despite the fact that I was worried about the night leg, I actually loved walking at night and it was my favorite leg of the race! It was cooler weather, peaceful, and you couldn't see the hills ahead of you.
Our team all made it safe and sound to Seaside. We came in 86th place out of 394 teams. Not too bad for our first go at it. We had fun singing to girly songs along the way and meeting other teams from across the US and talking with other teams about our team name and their team name. I don't know if I mentioned what our team name was in previous posts, but we were "TEAM TWILIGHT"....for all of the Twilight fans out there... We had matching red shirts with "Team Twilight" printed on the front and on the back of them we had the words "Bite Me" with fangs. All of our team had read all of the Twilight books and are fans of them. It was fun to have one van be team Edward and one be Team Jacob.

It was a good experience and we would all do it again. I felt pretty sick in the end, due to not sleeping in 3 days an then walking within that time, but after I got a little sleep I was feeling much better. My body was tired.

Bryan ran Hood to Coast at the same time that I was walking Portland to Coast. He did well too. With 3 weeks notice he joined a team last minute. He said his team also had a great time and they came in 278th place out of 1023 teams! He was pleased with their placement and he ran his fastest times yet! His team name was No Speed Limit.
So that sums up our Portland and Hood to Coast events. I only have one picture because I have not gotten any others from the picture takers of the group. If I do, I may add them to the blog. But for now, here is the one picture that I do have. This is just my van from Team Twilight. We were waiting at the finish line for our team to come in. Tired but still standing and smiling! ( Sorry the pic is not that great...it was sent through a phone.)

No comments: