Sunday, September 6, 2009

So Sad To See Summer Go!

I have been very busy lately because I have gone back to work. I have spent the last week, and a couple of days the week prior, getting my classroom ready and going to many meetings. It is always hard to see my Summer vacation come to an end. I so enjoy being home and having warm days open to do as we please.
With the Summer ending and school starting, it means that Madison will be starting Kindergarten! She is very excited and can't wait to ride on the big yellow school bus (that will happen a couple of weeks into school...for Mommy's sake.) She was such a good little preschool student that I do not worry at all about her. She will do great! I just can't believe my baby is starting school. Wow...where has time gone?

Wish me luck...on Tuesday I will have many smiling little faces entering my Kindergarten class, all excited to start their school career. I will also have parents with tears in their eyes to see their little one start school for the first time. I am on the same page as they are this year. The tears are not because I/they feel their child is not going to be safe or not do well. The tears are because this is a milestone in our children's lives that says they are growing up and are not so "little" any longer. It is the slice of independence that we are allowing our children being away from us for just this short time each day. It is just one of the many adventures yet to come.

No comments: