Sunday, December 21, 2008

ANOTHER snow day!

O.K. enough is enough! I like a snow day here or there but seriously! I have not been able to go anywhere and it is getting old. It is so cold, it will most likely not melt any time soon. It started to snow a lot yesterday (Saturday) and continued all day today.
The day picture was taken Saturday afternoon.
The night picture was taken Sunday.
Look at the accumulation! Now, we are not on a mountain or even at a higher elevation. So, for Oregon this is a lot of snow.
Saturday we did get to go out and play in the snow with neighbor friends. There are not any hills to sled on so we just played and pushed each other on an inter tube down driveways. The snow was too dry to build a snowman. It was so windy that Peyton did not last too long. She doesn't see the fun in it yet. I'm sure she wonders why we are standing in the cold, windy, snow. Maddie was a trooper and stayed out with the neighbors until she was so cold she could not feel her legs and toes! I wish I could have taken more pictures, but the camera battery died after about 2 shots.

We did get to go to a neighbors house for a Christmas party Saturday evening. It was nice to get out even if it was just right across the street. But, it felt like we were walking a mile due to so much snow. Maddie had it up to her knees in spots and couldn't walk. Bry was working (and had been for the last 2 days) so I was trying to get two little ones, a bag of goodies, and two containers of food across the street by myself! CRAZY!
So, there is a positive note to all of this. We have power (right now), plenty of food, a warm house, and a roof over our heads. It could be a lot worse. I am thankful for all that we do have, even though I am about to loose my mind. :)

1 comment:

Jax said...

Right behind you sista!! I am loosing my mind too. Between school being out a week before planned and having not left the house since last Thursday, I have not only lost my mind, but have hit crunch time with Christmas stuff and can't get out to take care of anything. Snow sucks!