Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, Oregon
This weekend was our annual trip to the Cannon Beach Sandcastle Contest. It is always so fun to see the different sculptures people can build using plain ol' sand! There are levels that range from children to pro's. The weather was cold and windy, but at least it was dry and there was even some blue sky. My parents joined us for the weekend, which is a special treat to spend so much time with them. We walked the beach and walked around town....I never seem to get tired of this:). We ate lunch out on Saturday and had a picnic lunch Sunday afternoon at a little park before heading home. I wish I was always on beach time...no worries!


Peyton's FIRST trip on the beach! Last time she did not go out of the house because it was snowing! She loved the backpack!

Just two of the sand sculptures... so sad they are washed away as soon as the tide comes in.

Yes... I look like a goober... but at least I was warm. :)


1 comment:
looks like you guys had a really good time!
a) WAY too many seagulls for my comfort.
b) who knew oregon had beaches? :) being from san diego it makes me giggle that you all were wrapped up so warmly, and that last you went it snowed on the beach. :)
Post a Comment