Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blueberry Picking

We went Blueberry picking last weekend at a little place that is right down the road from our house called Bompa's Blueberry Farm. It was a wonderful place to pick. The bushes were the perfect size for the girls and they were LOADED with big beautiful berries for $1.25 a pound. We picked for about and hour and a half and ended up with about 15 pounds of berries. We will eat some now and freeze the rest to eat throughout the year. We love them just by the hand full and also in pancakes. It was a perfect day for picking!
Peyton spent quite a bit of her time picking "flowers" and this upset face is because she found a bug on one of them. She is not fond of bugs! We did hear her little scream quite a few times out in the field!

1 comment:

Julia said...

15 pounds?!?!? Holy moly! And yeah Peyton, I'd be upset and screaming too if all I found were bugs out there. I don't blame her at all!