Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A "New" Chair

Madison has really been enjoying writing and arts and crafts. I thought it would be fun for her to have a desk in her room where she could have her own space to be creative. I have a desk that I used in my room growing up and it matches her room and decor perfectly. The one little thing we were needing to make her desk complete was chair. So, we went on a hunt one day at different thrift stores and antique stores for the perfect chair. We found a fixer upper for $7.50! Just needed a little elbow grease. So here are the before and after pictures of our little project. I love how it turned out and it only cost us about $11.00 total in the end! PERFECT! :) Madison helped by putting on the first coat of paint.
Here is the back of the "before" chair.

Here is the front of the "before" chair. I love the lines of this chair! Not too cute...yet!


Here is the fabric for the main seat... Madison picked it out. :)
The finished project!
It is just perfect for the desk and for Madison!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Wow, good job Madison! And I love the fabric :)