Thursday, August 12, 2010

It is Fall Mommy!

I had bought Peyton a couple of cute Carter outfits for the Fall. They are a size too big and have long sleeves and long pants. Peyton is continually asking to wear them because she sees them hanging in her closet. My reply to her is..."you can wear them in the Fall. It is too hot out right now and they do not quite fit you yet." She continues to ask every time she sees them in her closet and just can not wait to wear them. My answer is always the same.
One night Maddie wanted Peyton to take a shower with her and Maddie said she would help Peyton get clean. So I said, "OK", thinking I would help if needed. Maddie accidentally used a little too much soap on Peyton and Peyton fell pretty hard and hit her little back and head. I got her out of the shower, wrapped her in a towel, and took her to her room with tears running down her face and a sad little trembling lip. Poor baby. We go into her closet to get her PJ's and Peyton points to her new outfit.
With tears running down her little cheeks she says in a soft little voice,
"Mommy me did fall. Now me can wear that?"
Ooooo...my sweet little baby! I just about cried!
Maddie and I explained to her the season of Fall.

No comments: