We have really had a terrible time with being sick around here, the entire last month! Hence the lack of blogs and posts that have been happening on here! It all started around Easter when Maddie woke up with Pink Eye. Then Peyton, a couple of days later ended up with an ear infection. She cried all night on Easter. Poor Baby! Then Maddie ended up with an ear infection too. And of course Peyton got pink eye next! SO....we went to the Dr. 3 times in one week.
They were both pretty miserable....and I was too with the sleepless nights.
It did not end there. Oh-no... Just when I thought Maddie was getting better she came down with a fever "thing". No other side effects just a 102-103 fever for about 3 days.
Then Peyton was coughing and just all congested. She was still not well from the sinus, pink eye, ear infection thing. I thought maybe she had allergies on top of all of this. But, her cough just got worse and we took her into the Dr....Again. Only to have x-rays done and find out she had Pneumonia. It took another 3 all nighters before the antibiotics kicked in. Then she finally started to get a little better.
I really thought I was going to get out of this sick free. But, I think all of the lack of sleep and being surrounded by sickies, at home and at school, finally caught up with me. I ended up with a terrible head cold and cough that hung on for weeks. I felt like I was never going to get better.
Finally things are looking up and we are feeling quite a bit better...KNOCK ON WOOD!
It has really been a long month. I will try and post more...as long as we can all stay well. :)
1 comment:
Glad you are over the sickies. That is no fun at all. Especially when everyone gets involved. A Mom just keeps going! I remember those days very well and Iam sure with 6 kids your Mom does too!! Love, Gram BL Sargent
Post a Comment