Ever since Madison was 3 years old I have been asking her if she would like to get her ears pierced. She would grab her ear lobes or cover her ears and run away from me yelling "no, no, no!"
This past month, all on her own, she has changed her mind. She has been asking me non stop if she could get her ears pierced. I told her step by step what would happen when she got her ears pierced and that they would put a hole in her ear. I just wanted to make sure she really wanted to go through with it. The answer was still "yes, please Mom, pleeeeease."
This past month, all on her own, she has changed her mind. She has been asking me non stop if she could get her ears pierced. I told her step by step what would happen when she got her ears pierced and that they would put a hole in her ear. I just wanted to make sure she really wanted to go through with it. The answer was still "yes, please Mom, pleeeeease."
I really thought she would evacuate the mall from her screaming so loud or get one ear done and not let them pierce the other. She really surprised us! Bryan offered to take her today while I was at work. I thought OK...because there would be less people at the mall to hear her screaming and I really thought she would chicken out. BUT...here is a video of her very brave moment, getting her ears pierced! SHE DID GREAT!! I now wish I could have been there. Bryan did take a video which I am so thankful for. He said she left the store with the biggest, proudest, smile on her face. I am proud of my baby!
Ready for the big moment. She climbed up in the chair with a big grin.
They gave her a bear to hug.
Very proud! What a big girl!
1 comment:
Hello - Oh boy, oh boy pierced ears. When I had mine done 30 years ago it hurt and I felt like screaming!! Good for you Madison!! We will see you at your B-Day party on Sunday, May 30th.
Love & Hugs, Gram & Gramps Sargent
Post a Comment