Tryon Creek has some really great hiking trails for kids. The trails are easy, flat, wide, and kid friendly. The park was holding a family event called "Muddy Boots Family Hike". I was pretty excited to take the girls and enjoy the day. In the end Bryan had to take them by himself because my back was in such spasms that I was not able to hike, much less walk. Anyway, on this day there were different stations set up along the trail to learn about different animals, habitats, and trees that are in the northwest. The girls received stamps, on a map, at each station. They were able to learn about beavers, owls, trees, fish, water insects, and other various creatures. It sounds like they had a lot of fun! Bryan was nice to take some pictures so I could share the day with them through photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment