Monday, October 25, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge

We surprised the girls with a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Washington. They were so excited when we pulled into the parking lot and Madison read the sign. They were clapping and smiling. Maddie just kept saying, "this is so awesome"!
I have been keeping this little adventure a secret since the end of Summer. I planed the overnight vacation when I saw that I could get a room for this weekend in October for half off the original price!! This is huge! Our neighbors/friends also booked a room and were able to join us in the fun! We had such a good time!
It is "Howl-O-Ween" at the Great Wolf Lodge. Which means there was special Halloween activities planned for the weekend. The kids were able to trick-or-treat in their costumes on a "haunted trail". We also joined in the dance party. There was a live DJ who played music. The kids (and parents...shhh) danced up a storm. The kids were so cute jumping, spinning, and twisting to all kinds of tunes. Madison and friend, Mia, really got into the groove!
If you have not heard of Great Wolf Lodge, they are really known for the VERY LARGE indoor water park. We were able to swim, splash, play, slide, and ride for 2 days of water park fun. All of the kiddos (except Peyton) were tall enough to ride on the large raft ride and tubes. Bry and I just took turns staying with Peyton. Peyton was perfectly happy in the huge "little" kid area with water squirting toys, a wading pool, and slides just her size. All of us hung out quite a bit at the wave pool riding on and bobbing with the waves.
It was the perfect over night get away.... and was just enough time away to feel like a mini vacation. :) The Moms take the big kids on a river raft tube ride. It was really fast!

Here come the Dads and the Kids...flying out of the tube!


Bry and Peyton dancin'.
Maddie Jammin'

Dancing with Mommy!
An evening show about Nature.
Teresa and Kieron
All Dressed up for the Trick-or-Treat trail.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! I wish they had those kinds of places here :)